We’ve dropped some methods of rooting android phones here on Naijaclue and I’m sure so many fans of android found it useful. If you are yet to get your phone rooted, you can simply drop the phone’s manufacturer and model using the below comment form so as to give you the solution.
Having done that, you will agree with me that most people root their phones in order to get its IMEI number tweaked.., other reason then come after this.
Without wasting much time, below are the procedures to change your Android Phone IMEI Number
- Download Mobile Uncle from Google Play Store or Alternatively Here [Skip if you already have this]
- Now we first need to first back-up the phone’s original IMEI number before changing it. To do this, you can simply pick up a pen and write down the IMEI of the Phone1 & 2 (i.e. if it’s dual sim) or better Use the Backup option in Mobile Uncle tools
- After you’ve successfully back-up your Original IMEI Number, Go to Engineer mode in Mobile Uncle tool
- Select Engineer mode[MTK]
- Go to CDS information
- Select Radio Information
- Select the Phone 2 (i.e. if you want to change SIM2′s IMEI number) Here you can see a command line with “AT +…“.
- Now just add this command to it AT +EGMR=1,10″THE GENERATED IMEI NO” And press “send at command” button. (If you want to change the the Phone 1 IMEI==> AT +EGMR=1,7,”THE GENERATED IMEI NO” ).
Note==> there should be a space between the “AT” and the “+”
After this is done, you can now restart your phone and dial *#06# to check your IMEI.