Truly almost all PC have an antivirus installed on them which varies from one another but how can you tell if it’s truly working or its just there living its life deceiving you that it’s working perfectly.
This article enables you to detect if your installed antivirus is truly working or not. Credits to EICAR (European Institute for
Computer Antivirus Research) for creating the virus test file. The virus test file is a harmless text file that you can create by yourself to test your anti-virus which will then been detected as a virus by most Antivirus vendors without causing any damage to your PC.
1. Open Notepad and paste the below string into it.
2. Save it with the name fakevirus in any of your folder/drives or on your desktop and as soon as you do, your antivirus real time
protection should be able to detect it.
3. If this file got deleted immediately…then it means that your antivirus is working properly and updated !!
4. If this doesn’t happens and you see the saved file in that folder, RIGHT CLICK the file and select SCAN with your installed antivirus and if the scan shows the file then it means your antivirus is working properly BUT not updated with a new version, as best antivirus softwares detect any virus (at the same second when you save the same in your system) without your effort of going to specified folder and scanning the folder.
5. If it doesn’t show any kind of threat, then you need to change your antivirus software immediately with a better one with the latest update.
Let’s have your comment below and as well share this page using the below share buttons!