The tutorial on how to connect either the Glo BIS or MTN BIS with PdaNet to browse on Windows PC was recently put up and many really rocked it even till the time of putting up this article. Well, PdaNet is quite interesting but its developers made it a trial software (i.e it has an expiry date and after that, it won’t work anymore unless you purchase the paid version).
Many mailed me concerning this issue as they want to prevent PdaNet from expiring. Now here comes a tut on how to prevent PdaNet from expiring with the aid of a software called RunAsDate.
RunAsDate is a small utility that allows you to run a program in the date and time that you specify. This utility doesn’t change the current system date and time of your computer, but it only injects the date/time that you specify into the desired application. You can run multiple applications simultaneously, each application works with different date and time, while the real date/time of your system continues to run normally.
How it Works
When you specify a date and time for a particular software, it will find and replaces the current date/time with the date/time that you specify when you want to run the software. So by doing this, it prevent the trial software from counting down the remaining days and you will have the access to use it more.
How to Use
- Download RunAsDate and Install on your Windows PC.
- After installation, Run/Open RunAsDate.
- On its Interface Like the below Screenshot, Click on Browse.
- Then locate the trial software and Select it (PdaNet is used here).
- Then Set the date and time to a date before the expiry date (i.e, if the software notifies that it will expire in 3days, set the date to 5days before. For instance if Expiry date: 10/07/2014, set to 05/07/2014).
- Click on Create Desktop Shortcut (you will be asked to give it a name, just type ANYTHING you like) and then Close.
Now anytime you want to run or open the software, access it with the shortcut created on the desktop.
NOTE:- RunAsDate only prevent trial version softwares from expiring but do not get rid of the expiry date totally, so just make sure you run the trial software through the created shortcut.
Remember to Share this and also drop your comments below!