WhatsApp is no doubt one of the most used IM in the World today with over 50million downloads from Play Store. It aids exchange of Texts, Photos and videos every day across several mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry, Symbian and some selected Java phones.
As several people use WhatsApp, most aren’t aware it has an interesting feature called “Popup Notification” that enables replying messages from lock screen without having to unlock your phone before replying.
This feature displays incoming Whatsapp messages in a pop up window while your screen is locked and you will be able to quickly reply the messages even without the stress of unlocking your phone, navigating to WhatsApp to read or reply such messages though, it is disabled by default so you will have to enable it to enjoy it.
How to Enable Popup Notification
- Launch WhatsApp
- Navigate to the application Settings and click on Notifications.
- Scroll to Popup notification and tap on it.
You will see the following Options:
- No Popup – This option will not allow any Pop Up Notifications
- Only When Screen “on” – This option will offer Pop up Notification only when the screen is On.
- Only When Screen “off” – this option will offer Pop up Notifications only when the screen is Off.
- Always Show Pop Up – This option will always offer the Pop up Notifications.
- Now select Only when screen “Off” and the window will disappear.
When next you receive a Whatsapp message you will be able to read and reply the message without unlocking your smartphone.