We all know that the portability of mobile phones especially smartphones makes it easy to be stolen or lost. Adding to that, the ever increasing prices of smartphones lures thieves more than anything nowadays. Getting a phone lost or stolen is something that nobody would not want to experience, but yet most people don’t care to take a simple preventive measure such as to install a tracking app to track their phone if it ever gets lost or stolen.
Once you lose your phone or it gets stolen, your data is also at risk only if you have a backup of your data. In such situation, a strong password to unlock your phone may prevent other from accessing the data on it. However, if the thief is tech savvy, he might go ahead and use his knowledge to easily access your data and even sell the phone.So if you do not have any tracking app installed on your phone or otherwise, if you think the tracking app installed on your phone isn’t capable enough to track the location of your phone, then this tutorial is for you.
I will be introducing an Android App to you called “AndroidLost”. This App is a free android app that allows you to remotely control and track your android phone via the internet or SMS. The best thing about this app is it can be installed and activated remotely through SMS commands. This feature gives it an edge over all the other phone tracking apps available for android right now.
Using Androidlost is very easy as all you have to do is just to install the App on your phone and then activate it by sending an SMS command from another phone. Once the message is received on your phone, Androidlost will be activated automatically and then you can head over to androidlost website and track your lost or stolen android phone.
Below are steps on how to use AndroidLost to track your lost or Stolen Android phone.
Note: This app requires your phone to be connected to the internet and also your phone’s SIM card should not have been removed from your phone, otherwise this app wont be able to help you with tracking and locating your lost or stolen android phone.
Steps On How to Track Your Phone With AndroidLost
- Download and Install the Androidlost App remotely from the Google play store.
- Head over to Androidlost Website and sign in with the Google account that your phone is connected with.
- Allow Androidlost to connect with your Google account.
- Click on the SMS tab, under SMS allow, type in the number of the phone from which you are going to send the SMS command to activate Androidlost on your phone and click on Allow.
- Now send an SMS from another phone to your phone number with the following message command:
- Now wait for two minutes before proceeding to the next step.
- Click on the Controls tab, enable Auto switch on GPS if deactivated under location settings and click on Send location.
Now you will have to wait until your phone is online and once it comes online, you will be able to see the location of your phone on a map.
That’s All. Do not forget to Share this for others to benefit!!!