When you are to get connected to the internet with your laptop, you should consider getting a modem. Though, there are other alternatives to this just such making use of phone as modem and as well making use of the SIM(if attached to your laptop). Most of the modem used are made by our Service providers but what if you travel to a location where by the current network you are using isn’t strong enough and other networks are. I guess you will wanna change to other network but at this moment buying another modem of other service providers won’t be the best thing to do. Now in order to enable your current modem to work on others, you will have to unlock it to enable other networks to work on it. To do this, we will be making use of a PC software called ‘DC Unlocker’, follow the below steps.
Unlocking your ZTE Modem
- Download DC Unlocker Here
- Get your ZTE Modem ready for unlocking by removing the memory card if you have one in and insert an unsupported SIM card (not a SIM from the network carrier)
- Plug in the ZTE modem inside your computer allow the modem’s dashboard to come up then close it
- Now open DCCrap.exe
- On the first option select ZTE datacards, select Auto detect and click on Search Icon (see the picture below) it should detect your modem
- Now on the right hand side click unlocking and click unlock
- Within few seconds your modem should be unlocked and you will get a notification that your modem has been unlocked successfully
That’s all! Remember to share and also drop comments below!