Streaming football live matches had been one of the most searched article on search engines by football lovers. There are several articles out there talking about this and here on NC today, we will be discussing on of the method of watching live football matches on personal computers using one of the well known video players, VLC Player.
VLC player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. Vlc is Simple, fast and powerful media player that plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Stream online movies, matches. Vlc Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3. Runs on all platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix… Completely Free, no spyware, no ads and no user tracking. Can do media conversion and streaming.
Going straight to the tut, below are the steps.
- Firstly, You need to have the latest VLC Player, You can download it Here
- Launch VLC Player to configure for online streaming with the settings below:
- Configure your VLC by opening tools >> preference >> input/codecs. Scroll down to HTTP proxy url and input 127.0.0.1:8080
- To prevent Buffering while streaming, You would be sacrificing quality for speed:
- Goto tools >> preference >> input/codecs, then look for “skip H.264 in loop deblocking filter” and select all.
- Click on Save.
To Watch, Press CTRL + N and paste the below channels url to start watching the live matches.
sky sport 1 – 5 and BTsport 1-2. Shows all football matches
- Sky Sports 1 – http://184.108.40.206/hls/skysports1.m3u8
- Sky Sports 2 – http://220.127.116.11/hls/skysports2.m3u8
- Sky Sports 3 – http://18.104.22.168/hls/skysports3.m3u8
- Sky Sports 4 – http://22.214.171.124/hls/skysports4.m3u8
- Sky Sports 5 – http://126.96.36.199/hls/skysports5.m3u8
- BT SPORT 1 – http://188.8.131.52/hls/bt1.m3u8
- BT SPORT 2 – http://184.108.40.206/hls/bt2.m3u8.
Download the txt file Here to watch over 20 live channels. Simply copy and paste the channel links inside the VLC channel Url and enjoy!