Chatting with friends and Family on Yahoo Messenger, Google Hangout, Skype and Other IM applications can be fun but at times, one feels like getting the video chat recorded so as to watch later or show to other pals which might be a difficult task. It has once happened to me whereby I was chatting (Video) with a close friend that lives Overseas and felt like getting the video recorded so as to show to other pals which i was unable to accomplish then. If you’ve also found yourself in such situation, then this tut. is for you.
I will be introducing a software called “CamStudio” to you. CamStudio is and application that can record your companion’s webcam during IM chat. It can record either in .avi (video) or .swf (flash) format. It’s such a cool application to have especially if you wanna watch those video chat sessions over and over again. 😉 There are lots of softwares like this across the internet but most of them are sharewares. They are trial versions you can only use for a while but CamStudio is an open source program and given out free of charge.
Apart from being able to record webcam videos, this software is capable of recording all screen and audio activities on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs).
Below Are Just Few Uses of CamStudio:
- Ability To Create Demonstration Videos For Any Software Program
- Ability To Create A Set Of Videos Answering Your Most Frequently Asked Questions?
- You Can Use It To Create Video Tutorials For School Or Tutorial Class
- It Can Be Used To Record A Recurring Problem With Your Computer So You Can Show Technical Support People
- It Can Be Used To Ceate Video-Based Information Products To Sell
- You Can Even Use It To Record New Tricks And Techniques You Discover On Your Favourite Software Program Before You Forget Them.
- Explore the Software and discover more!
Download CamStudio. Unzip and Install! Do not Forget to Share!!!